Hiring: Lead Interior Designer05 May 2015, Posted by Interior Design in
Sterling Barnett Little, Inc. is a well‐established, full-service architecture and interior design firm specializing in healthcare design. As our reputation and workload grows, so does our need for skilled and passionate designers who possess a significant amount of experience designing for the healthcare market.
Sterling Barnett Little, Inc. is currently seeking a Lead Interior Designer with a passion for high quality design and a positive, collaborative work style for our expanding design portfolio which includes healthcare, hospitality and corporate projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design from a CIDA accredited university
– NCIDQ Certification (not required but preferred)
– 7 – 12+ years of experience working primarily on Healthcare Interior projects.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills;
– Extraordinary computer skills (Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
The essential duties of the Lead Interior Designer are:
– Generate and develop overall design concepts.
– Assist with site surveys.
– Conduct client interviews to determine needs/wants and requirements.
– Validate that the design and furniture recommendation are consistent with the approved project budget
– Prepare contract documents, technical interior architectural details, and selection/specification of finish materials and furniture.
– Participate in programming, space planning, selection of FF&E, color palettes, material presentations, 2D/3D renderings and generate specifications.
– Assist with furniture and artwork installations.
– Support project architect / project manager in ensuring the project(s) meet budget and schedule expectations
– Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types, or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
– Interface with consultants, contractors and regulatory agencies
– Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. We are proud to offer outstanding benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities.
Send your resume and condensed portfolio (5MB or less) to Kristina Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!