Hiring: Healthcare Programmer/Planner05 May 2015, Posted by Healthcare in
Sterling Barnett Little, Inc. is a well‐established, full-service architecture and interior design firm specializing in healthcare design. As our reputation and workload grows, so does our need for skilled and passionate programmer/planners who possess a significant amount of experience programming/planning for the healthcare market.
Sterling Barnett Little, Inc. is looking for an experienced Healthcare Programmer / Planner to join our team. This person will work one-on-one with our clients to carefully develop a program and planning strategy that our clients can follow through design, construction and post-occupancy. We are seeking a talented individual that is committed to design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity and innovation.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
– Licensed Architect with a focus on and passion for healthcare programming and planning.
– 5+ years hands-on experience.
– Extraordinary computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
– Good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to sketch in real time with clients to obtain and finalize schematic and design development information.
– Knowledgeable of current trends in medical field.
– Revit / AutoCAD skills (not required but preferred).
– Vast knowledge of all hospital departments and how they function.
We are looking for qualified candidates who live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area or are willing to move to the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Must be willing to travel for client meetings.
The essential duties of the Healthcare Programmer / Planner are:
– Must be familiar with licensing rules from the Texas Department of State Health Services, FGI Guidelines, NFPA and accessibility regulations
– Conduct planning/programming client meetings or other client presentations.
– Conduct research, complete data analyses, and develop reports such as utilization calculations.
– Review long-term healthcare facility needs and develop solutions involving construction of new facilities and major renovations of existing facilities.
– Examine space utilization, determine space requirements for expansion/renovations, and create solutions to meet evolving space needs.
– Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination (especially with medical equipment planning).
– Ability to participate in Marketing activities and interviews.
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. We are proud to offer outstanding benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities.
Sterling Barnett Little, Inc. supports continuous learning by providing in-house continuing education classes that provide credit for AIA, IIDA and LEED. We have the resources needed to help our employees achieve personal and professional goals throughout their career.
Send your resume and a condensed portfolio with examples of your experience, including but not limited to, utilization calculations, detailed space program samples, sketches of planning exhibits with design development notations and plans of overall room development (5MB or less) to Kellee Bowers at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!